Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fiona Bust

"Just be present in every moment. Do things that make you uncomfortable." That's just a little of what my best friend wrote to me to keep in mind during my travels. This is a simple post for my best friend, Alyssa. She's been a huge support to me as I've taken on my adventure abroad. I only wish that she could be here to experience it with me; I know she'd love it here! A little of why I'm posting this is because she is the reason for the name of my blog, "Going and Growing..." Before I left she gifted me with a small journal that I now take everywhere! It has a special note to me taking up the first few pages filled with encouragement and what I consider to be words of wisdom. She also scattered a variety of songs and quotes to listen to and read, for all moods I may be feeling. Here's a glimpse of it! (She painted the cover!)

I know that before long we'll be taking advantage of our long to travel and embark on a journey abroad of our own. I predict that no matter where we are in the years to come, we'll make time to catch up and see more of the world. Even if we're this old...

I watched these two ladies wobble onto the tram one morning and talk each other's ear off as if they hadn't seen each other in years. It made my heart smile as they turned to me only for a second to smile and then continued with their conversation. Not that I am looking forward to getting old by any means, but I can only imagine the fun it will be to tell my children and grandchildren of the memories I'd made with my best friend. From the  millions of concerts, shenanigans at Bonnaroo, and everything in between that has brought us to be the friends we are today, I can't wait to see what lies in the future! This one's for you, girl. Thanks for always believing in me and pushing me to be my own person; to only do what makes me happy. Be checking your mail these next couple of weeks, and I'll see you in June, ready as ever for round five of Bonnaroo!





No comments:

Post a Comment